Need to write a waitlist email? Here are 3 simple steps to get started:
1. Gather the information you need to know.
Before you write anything, you need to know who or what you're writing about. The more specific you are, the more personalized you can make your content.
Here's our suggestions for writing a waitlist email:
User's name: [name of user]
Product name: [name of product]
Reason for waitlisting: [e.g. too many users, not enough resources, etc.]
Ways to stay engaged with the product: [e.g. join an online community, sign up for a newsletter, etc.]
2. Determine the structure of your output.
The structure of your content is just as important as the content itself. The structure of your content is how you're going to arrange the information in the content to make it easier for the readers to read and understand.
Address the reader
Thank them for their interest in the product
Explain why they are being waitlisted
Make them feel that they are still a valued member of the community
Give them a way to stay engaged with the product while they wait
3. Write the content or use Copy.ai to help you get started. Once you have your structure down, you can start writing the content.
Thank you for your interest in [product name].
We're so glad you want to join the [product name] community! Unfortunately, we have to waitlist new users for now.
We're working hard to make sure we have enough resources to serve all our users, and we hope to be able to open up the waitlist again soon.
If you want to stay engaged with the product while you wait, we'd love it if you could:
- Join an online community (e.g., Facebook group, Discord server)
- Sign up for a newsletter
- Follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Thanks again! We appreciate your patience while we expand our capacity to serve you better.
Hi [name of user],
We are so grateful that you are interested in [product name]. Thanks to your interest, we're looking into ways to make it possible for all users to have access to the product. In the meantime, here are a few ways you can stay engaged with the community:
- Join our online community
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Get on our waiting list
We hope this will help you pass the time until we have the resources to make [product name] available to everyone!
Hi [name of user],
Thank you for your interest in [product name]. We've been thrilled by the response from our community and are excited to be able to offer this product to more people. Unfortunately, we've had to put a waitlist in place because we've reached our capacity for users.
We know how frustrating it is to be waitlisted when you want something badly, so we want to make sure you know that you're still a valued member of our community. While you wait, you can sign up for our newsletter here: [insert link]. In addition, we'd love to have you join us in our online community. You can join here: [insert link].
Thank you again for your interest in [product name]. We can't wait to welcome you into the fold as soon as we have more resources!
1. A waitlist email allows you to express your continued interest in a position or program after being placed on a waitlist.
2. A waitlist email gives you the opportunity to update the admissions committee on any new information or accomplishments since you were originally placed on the waitlist.
3. A waitlist email allows you to reiterate your interest in the position or program and express why you believe you would be a valuable addition to the class or team.
-People who are on a waitlist for a product
-People who are on a waitlist for an event
-People who are waitlisted for a conference
-People who are waitlisted for a workshop
-People who are waitlisted for a course
Write 10x faster, engage your audience, & never struggle with the blank page again.