Need to write a cart abandonment email? Here are 3 simple steps to get started:
1. Gather the information you need to know.
Before you write anything, you need to know who or what you're writing about. The more specific you are, the more personalized you can make your content.
Here's our suggestions for writing a cart abandonment email:
Customer's name: [name of customer]
Items left in cart: [items left in cart]
Discount or other incentive offered: [discount or other incentive offered]
2. Determine the structure of your output.
The structure of your content is just as important as the content itself. The structure of your content is how you're going to arrange the information in the content to make it easier for the readers to read and understand.
Greet the reader
Remind them of what they left in their cart
Explain why you're sending this email (to help them complete their purchase)
Offer a discount or other incentive to encourage them to complete their purchase
Sign off with a call to action and your contact information
3. Write the content or use Copy.ai to help you get started. Once you have your structure down, you can start writing the content.
Don't forget all the great stuff you left in your cart!
Here are the items you left behind: [list the items]
There's a lot of fantastic stuff in your cart. We're so sorry that you didn't get to check out. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible, so we're sending you this email to see if we can help you complete your purchase.
If you complete your order by [date], we'll give you 10% off!
Hi [name of customer], we hope you're having a great day!
We noticed you left some stuff in your cart and never went through with your purchase. We wanted to reach out to see if there's anything we can do to help you complete it!
We offer [discount or other incentive] to anyone who completes their purchase within the next 48 hours. Would you like to take advantage of that offer?
Hi [name of customer],
We hope you're having a great day! We just wanted to send you a quick note to remind you that you left some items in your cart. We know how hard it can be to get everything you need during the holidays, and we want to help you get there faster!
If you're still interested in purchasing [item], we've added [item] to your cart—just click on it to complete your order. We've also taken the liberty of adding a [discount or other incentive] to your order so that you can save some money on your purchase.
Thanks again for shopping with us this holiday season. If you have any questions or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out anytime.
1. Cart abandonment emails can be a powerful marketing tool to recover lost sales and boost your bottom line.
2. When done right, cart abandonment emails can help you re-engage with customers who have shown interest in your products but for some reason didn’t complete their purchase.
3. By sending a carefully crafted cart abandonment email, you can give your customers a nudge in the right direction and remind them of the items they’ve left behind in their shopping cart.
-Businesses selling products online
Write 10x faster, engage your audience, & never struggle with the blank page again.