Need to write a follow up email after meeting? Here are 3 simple steps to get started:
1. Gather the information you need to know.
Before you write anything, you need to know who or what you're writing about. The more specific you are, the more personalized you can make your content.
Here's our suggestions for writing a follow up email after meeting:
Name of person you met with: [name]
What you talked about: [topic]
What you're going to do next: [action item]
2. Determine the structure of your output.
The structure of your content is just as important as the content itself. The structure of your content is how you're going to arrange the information in the content to make it easier for the readers to read and understand.
Greet the reader
Thank them for their time and/or hospitality
Remind them of what you talked about in your meeting
Tell them what you're going to do next, or ask them to do something next
Sign off with a promise to follow up soon
3. Write the content or use Copy.ai to help you get started. Once you have your structure down, you can start writing the content.
It was so great to meet you yesterday! I can't wait to dive into some of the projects you mentioned and see what we can come up with together.
Next steps: I'll be reaching out to [person] this week and see about setting up a meeting. I'll let you know when it's scheduled, and we can talk about it then.
Thanks again for your time!
Thanks again for your time and hospitality. I had a great time chatting with you today and learning all about [topic].
I am going to do some research on the topic, and then I'd like to get back in touch with you next week to talk through my ideas. If that works for you, let me know and we can set up a time.
Also, if you think of anything else that would be helpful for me, please let me know!
I'll be in touch soon.
Thanks so much for meeting with me today. It was really great to meet you and chat about [topic]. I'm so excited to see what we can do together!
I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm going to start [action item] right away—I think it will be a great way to start the next phase of our project.
I'll be sure to follow up with you soon. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. Thanks again!
1. A follow up email is a great way to maintain communication with someone you have met and to continue building a relationship with them.
2. A follow up email can help you to remind the person you met of your name and contact information, as well as what you discussed during your meeting.
3. A follow up email is an opportunity to express your continued interest in the person you met and to further the conversation you started.
-A job candidate who interviewed with a company
-A salesperson who met with a potential client
-A networking contact
-A business owner following up with a potential vendor
-A conference attendee following up with a speaker
-A professor following up with a student
-A doctor following up with a patient
-A therapist following up with a client
-A coach following up with a player
-A mentor following up with a mentee
Write 10x faster, engage your audience, & never struggle with the blank page again.