Email marketing can drive sales, but knowing what to say can be hard. It's easy to waste hours or days agonizing over every word.
But now there's an easier way! With artificial intelligence, you can write compelling emails in just a few clicks. Using AI to write marketing emails is a great way to cut hours off your workload, improve your ROI, and make your emails stand out from the crowd.
The hard part is knowing what to write.
With CopyAI, you can quickly write emails that cut through the noise resonate with your audience. CopyAI makes it easy for anyone to create email drip campaigns that keep your readers engaged and your business on track for more revenue.
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to make money online. Whether you’re new to drip email campaigns or simply want to improve your current campaign, this training will give you some simple tips and shortcuts to help you write an email drip sequence that converts leads into customers.
▶️ VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to write your 3-part email drip sequence with CopyAI
What is an email drip sequence?
A drip sequence is an automatic series of emails sent to your subscribers over a period of days, weeks, or months. They’re great for maintaining and nurturing relationships with new customers, increasing repeat purchases, and encouraging referrals. But what's not to like?
Drip email sequences are a great way to build relationships with new customers, creating a reliable sales channel. Drip email sequences tell your story, gradually increasing in value for the customer, and eventually promoting your products.
The goal of your email drip sequence:
- Keep their attention
- Spark their interest
- Build up desire
- Create an emotional connection
- Demonstrate that you can solve their problem
- Move your lead into action
Types of content you can include in your email drip sequence:
- Information - Welcome, updates, news
- Education - Case studies, facts, resources
- Connection - Stories, Q&A, empathy
- Promotion - Specials, freebies, invitations
Ready to Write Your Own 3-Part Email Drip Sequence?
👉 Preparation: Write a great input in CopyAI
In this example, we will write an email drip sequence for Marvel, a blog writing service for startups.
Here is an example of a good input for the AI:
Steps to write your input:
- Decide what your goal is for your emails. What action do you want them to take at the end of each email?
- Write a short description of your business and specific offer using the Product Description tool.
- Get clear on the unique selling points of your offer. You can use the Feature-Advantage-Benefits tool. List out 3-5 unique selling points that you can highlight in your marketing.
- Get specific on who your audience is. Test this out using the Target Audience tool.
👉 Email #1: Your "Welcome" Email
Send this out immediately after they subscribe to your email list.
This is the first email they get after taking an action. You can use the Welcome Email tool to get started.
- This email should give them a quick overview of what you do and why it matters. The Product Description tool can help with this.
- Explain the problem that you solve and the mission of your company. The Brand Mission tool can help with this.
- Include some social proof using the Social Proof tool. This will increase trust and credibility.
- Add a few bullet points to list out the key benefits that you provide.
- End the email with a strong conclusion. Tools you can use to create a strong conclusion/call to action:
Call to action
Email #1: What is Marvel? — Welcome Email
Welcome to Marvel!
As a founder, you’re faced with the challenge of how to generate high-value content while still building your business. We’ve been there. We’ve helped hundreds of founders grow their influence and get more leads and clients by building their blog for them. And we’d love to work with you on growing your audience and getting more leads for your business.
We have 3 powerful ways that we help founders:
1. Write Articles for Your Blog: You’ll have a dedicated writer who will get to know you and your business and write blog posts on your behalf.
2. Research Your Niche: Whatever your niche, your dedicated writer will do the research and work to understand the minutia of your business.
3. SEO Performance and Analysis: We handle search analysis, keyword mapping, trend research, and more. Then, we measure the impact of every article and adjust according to what works.
Ready for a blog that’s a real asset to your business? Schedule a strategic planning session with me today!
👉 Email #2: Your "Educational" Email
Send this out 2-3 days after they subscribe to your email list.
- The goal of your educational email is to expand on your core message, illustrate the benefits, and hammer home your main point.
- You can use the Blog Outline or Carousel Post tools to create an outline and talking points for the content in your email.
- The Blog Intro tool will help you write the intro to the email.
- You can use the Bullet Point to Blog Section tool to expand on some of these points if needed.
- Use the Blog Conclusion tool to write the key takeaway of your email.
Email #2: The value of blogging — Educational Email
If you’re starting a business, one of the most important things you can do, even before you have a product, is start a blog. A blog is a great way to build credibility and relationships with potential customers and partners.
With Marvel, it’s fast and easy to set up, so there’s no reason not to.
If you’re still not sold on the value of company blogs, here are three crucial reasons why blogging should be an important part of your startup strategy:
1. Blogging helps you get attention for your product launch.
2. Blogging establishes your thought leadership in the industry.
3. Blogging builds relationship capital with your target audience.
It’s time to stop thinking of blogging as an extra part of your business model, and start thinking of it as a necessary tool for getting your startup off the ground.
Marvel at how easy it is, with Marvel. 😜
👉 Email #3: Your "Sales" Email
Send this out 3-5 days after they subscribe to your email list.
- Ask yourself... "What is the #1 thing stopping them from buying your product or service?"
- Write copy to address their main concern, fear, or objection. Have empathy with their struggles or frustrations and show them that you have a plan to help them solve their problem.
- Use Attention-Interest-Desire-Action to get their attention and amplify the benefits and increase the desire.
- Use Problem-Promise-Proof-Proposal to come up with "proof" ideas and call to action ideas.
Email #3: How your blog will generate high-quality, sales-ready leads — Sales Email
Do you struggle to find time to write blog posts that will help grow your business? Of course you do, you’re an entrepreneur, which means there’s never enough time in the day.
But you don’t need to be an expert writer to have a compelling, high-converting blog.
With Marvel, our team of professional writers will we create beautifully-written and well-researched blog posts that help you reach more customers.
Proof: [Customer Proof ‘They created their blog and generated $5,500 in revenue their first month’]
Let’s book a free strategy session to learn how Marvel can do the same for you.
All the best,
👉 Email Subject Lines
The subject line of each email in your drip sequence is just as important as the content of the email itself. After all, if no one opens your emails, it doesn’t matter how good they are!
Here are 11 additional tips on how to write better email subject lines.
Also try using our free email subject line generator to write better subject lines for all of your emails.
Remember that drip emails are only effective if the content is interesting and relevant to your audience.
A strong email marketing strategy is imperative for any business that wants to reach its full potential, especially for ecommerce companies. We hope that these tips will help you make high-quality email drip sequences that keep customers coming back for more.